Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For Gamers, Welcome.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video Game Leads To Violence?

Go down 
+4
Nebel
Azura Jin
Viviminako
Kunima
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kunima
GG Founder
Kunima

Female
Number of posts : 707
Caption : hahahaha! XD
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Yuffie Kisaragi

Video Game Leads To Violence? Empty
PostSubject: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime27th September 2008, 11:17

What do you guys think?
I've heard tons of people ,especially parents saying video games are the reasons why their kids starting to do violence stuffs.

Well,I seriously think that's crap.
I mean,I've been playing 'violence' games since I was a kid.
I love trashing people, shooting heads, crashing cars, and I seriously mean in a video game. It's to gain points in a game, or just for fun.
and I KNOW that is wrong to do it in real life.

So what I'm trying to say here is it's up to the individual minds actually.
If they can control their heads, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Video games are just for fun. and I don't think vgame graphics are that violence,they look funny.Well seriously, I can stand playing Cold Fear or other violent games for hours but I can't stand watching violent movies like SAW.

so I'd like to know what you guys think.
No fighting kay, I know fighting in a forum isn't a good thing :P
I'm not trying to argue or fight about this,but I'm just asking your guys' opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://kunishoe.blogspot.com/
Viviminako
GG Survivor

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Yuna (FFX)

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime27th September 2008, 16:17

Yeah, that's right. I support Kuni's oppinion^^. Most of the game we have played before, there might have some is violence especially GTA Vice City, some of the wars game ant etc. (I luf to see my little brother play the GTA, It's so funny^^)

For my oppinion, it's depends of their personally is the most. If they want to change into bad person, we have no choice. I only knows about the video game is:-

For the bad:
~It will makes our eyes sight getting worse.
~Makes students getting worse in their study.

But I didn't heard before that video game will makes the children going violence...
Back to top Go down
Azura Jin
GG Fighter
Azura Jin

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime27th September 2008, 16:40

It's in news too. Remember the GTA news in Thailand? That a boy was doing it in real life by the action of violence?

but then violence is also scary too. because it is part of it. you describe violence as horror in being to shooting, crashing, killing, etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/daniellechiyoung
Kunima
GG Founder
Kunima

Female
Number of posts : 707
Caption : hahahaha! XD
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Yuffie Kisaragi

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime27th September 2008, 18:47

Azura Jin wrote:
It's in news too. Remember the GTA news in Thailand? That a boy was doing it in real life by the action of violence?

I hate it when authorities and parents saying kids are being violent because of vgames.

Well,yeah they may be copying some video games, but it's the parents fault and the kids fault themselves.

Parents need to guide their children and the gamers need to control themselves.

How bout kuni runs with a gun like Dante?
OMG WHO WOULD DO THAT?!
Back to top Go down
http://kunishoe.blogspot.com/
Nebel
GG Firestarter
Nebel

Female
Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime29th September 2008, 00:09

Kunima wrote:
Well,yeah they may be copying some video games, but it's the parents fault and the kids fault themselves.

I agree. The parents are able to see what each game is rated and why it has that rating before they even buy it. If they don't want their kid playing a Mature game, then they can choose not to get it for them.
Back to top Go down
http://castellanbetch.deviantart.com
Tifa Lockhart
GG Defender
Tifa Lockhart

Female
Number of posts : 566
Caption : Everything Is Possible with Kaede
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Tifa Lockhart [ティファ・ロックハート]

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime29th September 2008, 07:12

That's why my dad stop buying games for me. (LOL)

Kunima > Cosplayers would do that. ;D

I totally agree with the parents guidance, without them, the children probably brainwashed by those violent games. They just think they can do the same thing just in the game. Not just in the game, other media such as videos, pictures and musics(lyrics mostly).

Not only children, even adults also the same. aah!
Back to top Go down
http://kaede-lockhart.livejournal.com/
zakh
GG Psychic
zakh

Male
Number of posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime29th September 2008, 22:22

Nebel wrote:
Kunima wrote:

I agree. The parents are able to see what each game is rated and why it has that rating before they even buy it. If they don't want their kid playing a Mature game, then they can choose not to get it for them.

yeah,man
parents should do that.
but then,they didn't

ratings are like nothing for em

and hell they blame it on us gamers and to our vgames.
and to say we are the bad one,heck who is actually?!
Back to top Go down
Reinnaj
GG Defender
Reinnaj

Female
Number of posts : 558
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Rei Kurosawa

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime30th November 2008, 21:01

lol WE gamers would of course OBJECT THE STATEMENT that children's violent-doings are caused by vgames

heck! i love doing violent but only in the non-reality world..i'm such an angel in the reality XD lol jk well,i'm still a good kid in real world

Quote :

^ that is SO RIGHT, take control of the games before it controls ya~i agree on every replies here XD
Back to top Go down
http://reinnaj-kurosawa.blogspot.com/
Lucy
GG Admin

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Character sheet
Character Sheet: Liemannen stjäl din själ utan skäl

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime1st December 2008, 07:16

If it wasn't for the real life situations around the world where violence and drug abuse is shown every minute on the media, tv, newspaper and radio... There would be no video games. Video games don't cause or create violence. Humans do, that's us! Gone are those days of Pong. If a game is about how many balloons can you make in 20 secs, how quickly bored we would be? If the game is about shooting balloons with laser, then we would play it over and over. Human nature? Not entirely sure. Just like watching the news, if it's all good news, we quickly turn it off, if it's all bad news, we watched it to the end.

Everyone needs someone or something to blame, nobody wants to look at themselves or blame themselves...blame it on these bands or movies or video games...

Space Invaders, anyone? Our planet is under attack, let's shoot something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Game Leads To Violence?   Video Game Leads To Violence? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Game Leads To Violence?
Page 1 of 1